Guest Post: Low Glycemic Grilled Pesto Chicken Packets, by Alysa Bajenaru
I’m excited to introduce you to my favorite Registered Dietitian, Alysa Bajenaru. This recipe was adapted from Rachael Ray magazine and looks like a fabulous low-glycemic recipe. I can’t wait to try it!! Thank you for guest posting Alysa! Readers, don’t forget to enter our lunchbox giveaway.
This is an quick and easy recipe that is also very versatile. Use whatever veggies you have on hand!
Pesto Chicken Packets
-2 t. olive oil
-2 chicken breasts
-salt & pepper
-6 T. pesto
-1 large tomato, diced
-1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
-1 bunch green onions, trimmed and sliced in half lengthwise
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. Tear 2 sheets of aluminum foil at least 12 inches each. Pour 1 teaspoon olive oil in the center of each piece of foil, sprinkle salt & pepper into the olive oil then toss chicken breast to coat.
3. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto over each chicken breast. Layer 1/2 of the vegetables over each, then top with remaining 2 tablespoons pesto.
4. Fold foil over the chicken and vegetables. Make sure to double fold the top and pinch the sides to form an airtight packet.
5. Place the packets on the grill and cover for 30 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees. Alternately, you could bake them in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes if you don’t have access to a grill.
Alysa Bajenaru is a registered dietitian, certified personal trainer, crafter, mom and wife. Find more inspiration on Alysa’s blog InspiredRD.com. You can also find her on Facebook and Twitter.
This entry was posted in recipes
and tagged recipe
. Bookmark the permalink